With distinct pleasure, yours truly was able to attend more that a fair share of Girls High School water polo games in the South Bay, Los Angeles, for a variety of both inter-league, Bay and Ocean League matches. These would include:
- Peninsula at El Segundo, PVPHS win
- El Segundo at Redondo Union, RUHS win
- Redondo Union at Mira Costa, RUHS win
- Santa Monica at El Segundo, SMHS win
- Redondo Union at Peninsula, RUHS win
- Torrance at El Segundo, ESHS win
- Mira Costa at Redondo Union, MCHS win
All of the above games hit the mark for top sportsmanship and great play by each team. My South Bay power ranking is as follows:
- Santa Monica — a bevy of drivers and shooters kept the counter-attack at full speed, definitely a CIF Finalist — as top seed, positioned to win. OCEAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS.
- Mira Costa — led by Team Capt. Kaylee Brownsberger, game-changer when she’s on. If this team plays smartly, will make CIF Final Four in D3. BAY LEAGUE CHAMPIONS.
- Redondo Union — raised itself at five notches from last year, upset Mira Costa in an away game, their first Bay League victory at the Costa pool. BAY RUNNER-UP.